- Michigan father deported to Mexico: ‘I feel lost’ by Niraj Warikoo, Detroit Free Press, Feb. 4, 2018
- Nick Foles can beat you at football, basketball and ultimate frisbee by Benjamin Hoffman, The New York Times, Jan. 31, 2018
- From Cuba with pop: Camila Cabello’s Rise by Brittany Spanos, Rolling Stone, Jan. 3, 2018
- The road to victory: how Victor Yegon found his way to Lehigh by Musa Jamshed, The Brown and White, Sept. 12, 2016
- Beyond Gender by Sri Medicherla and Melanie Pincus, The Highlander, Feb. 2017
- Each of these feature profile stories are very different in topic and writing style. Which one do you think took the most effort to report and write? Which one took the least effort? Explain.
- Strong feature writing should resonate with readers even if the reader is not particularly interested in the subject. Which of these stories featured a subject you were you least interested in? Did the writer effectively get you interested in the story? Why or why not?
- You’ve all written feature profiles before. After reading these stories, what elements can you incorporate into your feature writing and/or reporting to make it more effective?