Autobiographical / Opinion Writing
- Maria Ramos, Mexican in the Age of Trump, Mercer Community College Voice, April 29, 2017
- Jillian Keenan, Finding the Courage to Reveal a Fetish, The New York Times, Nov. 9, 2012
- Yemisi Aribisala, The Girls Who Fainted at the Sight of an Egg, New Yorker, July 2017
- Jenny Alpaugh, We Are the Church, Clarke Central High School Odyssey, May 16, 2013
- Frank Campos, We Need Gun Control More Than Ever, University of Houston Daily Cougar, Aug. 8, 2016
- What do each of these columns have in common?
- Which column was your favorite (in terms of the writing style)? Why?
- What column do you think was the least effective? Why?
- If you ask a question of any of these authors, whom would you choose and what would you ask?